Categories of hosting services
A hosting solution concerns keeping and/or sharing given web content on a server managed by a web hosting vendor. There are various categories of hosting services used for various aims, so let's explore them. Thus, you can decide what you want, depending on whether you desire to have a blog, mail address accounts, or to share files with pals and partners.
- File hosting: a service delivered by particular file storage providers, which lets you share huge files. These could be disk images, films, audio files, archived files, etc. This service is also known as file storage, and its only goal is to share files, since it does not offer site uploading. Once the files are uploaded, you will either get a randomly generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to survey a roll of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to open .html or .php web files in your web browser. Free-of-charge file storage services are frequently supported by displaying advertisements next to the download links, while a timer forces you to wait for a specific spell of time to view them. A given file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you have a paid file storage account, there are no limitations as to how many files you can upload/download immediately, and also there is no restriction when it comes to the download speed or the file size.
At present, with the help of the cPanel hosting corporations, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more faddish "cloud hosting". This is a thoroughly fallacious explanation of the actual connotation of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting platform would assign the load between different stacks of hosting servers in a cluster, which are devoted to serving various site hosting services (electronic mail, storage space, statistics, DNS, databases, webspace hosting Control Panel, and so on.) So, the file hosting service is only a sort of a disk space hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: close to file hosting; certain providers provide a hosting service for pictures exclusively. This hosting brand is appropriate if you desire to share an immense quantity of images with pals or partners since the service is generally free of cost. You will get a randomly generated link for every picture or album and you can then share this link. As with the file hosting solution, .html and .php files are not supported, so the solution cannot be used for sites.
- E-mail hosting: a service devoted to tackling your mailbox accounts. Some distributors offer web page hosting solutions for sites, but do not supply an email solution. If you wish to run a mail address with your domain name but do not want to keep a website, then the email hosting service is what you want. You can create email address accounts and manage them, but there will be no hosting solution for the domains. The email hosting solution involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP servers.
- Video hosting: this solution allows you to upload and share video files. You can either share a link to a given video clip, or you can embed the video clip in your website that is hosted elsewhere. The advantage of utilizing this approach instead of uploading the video in a web hosting account is that the video produces a given amount of CPU load, so with a couple of video files and several hundred web site viewers, you may have a problem with your hosting reserves. Embedding the video file will permit you to utilize as many video clips as you desire without hassling about system reserves.
- Website hosting: this is the service that you need if you would like to own a web site. To some extent, it contains all of the abovementioned hosting types since, along with your web sites, you can also host images and files, you can have databases and email accounts, upload video clips, and so on. At WebHost-ing.com, for example, you can take a look at web hosting and dedicated web hosting solutions that permit you to get all of the aforementioned services in one single place. There may be limits based on the kind of hosting service that you've opted for - a free hosting account, a paid shared hosting package, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your web hosting package may be better or worse compared with the customary email/file/video/image hosting accounts that are intended for specific web content exclusively.